Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Power Out

Hi Kids,

Our power was out for most of the day yesterday. I was glad that it came back on before it got dark. We have a gas stove so we can cook without electricity. When we told a Dominican friend that most people in Canada have electric stoves she asked, "How do you cook when the power goes out?" We answered, "It usually doesn't!"  Here it happens a lot. One time I went to get my hair cut when there was no power. The hairdresser had to use a generator to run the hair dryer. I had to pay extra because of the gas that it used!

Have a great day and enjoy having power in your house!

Marcie Cooper

P.S.  Where I come from in Ontario, Canada we call power "hydro" because of hydroelectric power that we get from Niagara Falls.

No comments:

Post a Comment