Monday, March 18, 2013

Creator God

Good morning!

How are you this morning? My four year old thinks there is a monster in his room and keeps coming to sleep with me in the night. I'm tired.

In the ladies' Bible Study that I've been leading, a lot of us have been tired and discouraged. We were looking for a short study to do in the next couple months and decided to focus on God's character. We need some encouragement and reminders of who God is who we are serving.

I began this morning looking at Colossians 1:15-23 and studying who God is as Creator. I decided to write out the whole passage. Do you ever do that? It helps me to slow down and really think about the words. 

Are you looking for a short Bible study to focus on who God is each day? Feel free to join us! All you need is a Bible and a journal. Here is this week's schedule:

GOD AS CREATOR: COLOSSIANS 1:15-23

Monday - Read the whole passage. Write it out if you like. Underline or write out things that jump out at you or that you'd like to study more.

Tuesday - Read the passage. Write down statements about who God is.

Wednesday - Read the passage and write out God's promises found in it.

Thursday - Read it again and note God's commands.

Friday - Read it one last time and write down a personal application.

Extra - Read Genesis 1.

Don't forget to pray as you study God's word. I love Psalm 119:18, "Open my eyes that I may see wonderful things in your law."

No matter what you're studying, may your eyes be opened to wonderful things in the Word of God today!

Marcie Cooper

*Note: Today's outline has been adapted from a Quench Bible study on 1 Peter that I did in the fall: (quenchbible.com/bible-studies/kept/) It's a simple format but I highly recommend it!




No comments:

Post a Comment