Monday, March 5, 2012

Adoption

Hello!

Today I want to share with you about a dream that we have to adopt a baby from China. It goes back to when I was nineteen years old and volunteered in a Chinese orphanage. Healthy baby girls had been abandoned just because they were girls and they did not have enough people to love them and care for them. I fell in love with those beautiful babies and knew that, no matter what other children I had, I wanted to adopt a baby girl from China. The problem was that the Chinese government said that I had to be thirty-five. That seemed like a long way off. Later, that age changed to thirty and, even later than that, I turned thirty! By then I was married and had a little girl who I knew would love to play with a little sister from China. We filled out lots of paperwork that got approved, translated, and sent to China. Then adoptions from China slowed down. And then they slowed down some more. We had one baby boy. And then we had another baby boy. But we still wanted a baby girl from China!

We have been waiting with a file in China since January 2007. Today, we found out that the paperwork we updated in the summer has been approved and is good until February 2014. We hope to have a baby from China before then but it still looks like we're a long way down the list. It may take a while but we'll be sure to let you know when it happens!

Have a great day!

Marcie Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment