Sunday, March 25, 2012

Fruit of the Spirit: Peace

Hello!

How are you? Can you answer using a word other than "fine" or "good?" Do you have peace?

I must admit that I can be a terrible worrier. I often get anxious and forget about God's peace, especially if I am not spending enough time praying and reading my Bible. I worry about my kids and our health and about silly things that will probably never happen. When I start to feel like that I quote Philippians 4:6-7 to myself. It says, "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." 

God's peace is not just the absence of war or worries or fears. It is more than we can imagine! Ephesians 2:14 even says, "He Himself is our peace." I'm glad that I serve that kind of God. I can pray to Him about anything I'm worried about and He can take care of it and help me not to worry.

Do you have that kind of peace? It comes first from believing in Jesus' death on the cross to bring peace between us and God. It is not the kind of peace that the world gives. It is more than we can understand or imagine.

Have peace!

Marcie Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment