Thursday, September 27, 2012

Hockey in the Dominican Republic

Hello!

Hockey has now come to our Caribbean home!


I could not resist when I was offered six hockey sticks from a family leaving the Dominican Republic. I did not ask where they got them or why they had them but, as a Canadian, I had to take them. Hockey on the front porch has become our family's new favourite activity. . .


. . . for most of us anyways and especially for a certain four year old who actually has a pretty good slapshot.

Little brother, on the other hand, would rather jump on the sticks or whack the car. 


It is too bad that there is no ice anywhere around here. Or snow. My little girl asked last week, "What's tobogganing?" At least we have a start on winter sports with our hockey sticks. We've got to start somewhere!

Enjoy your day!

Marcie Cooper

P.S. If you're in the area feel free to stop by for a game!



No comments:

Post a Comment