Monday, July 23, 2012

Santo Domingo Trip: Pro-Life Monument

Hello!

Did you join me for a tour of the cathedral in my last blog? Just on the other side of it was my favourite part of our whole tour--a monument "to defend the human life, to the human not yet born." It is in honour of millions of babies aborted in the world and was constructed in 2006 by the Associate of Catholic Doctors in Santo Domingo.




Abortion is still illegal in the Dominican Republic and is not as prevalent as it is in the United States and Canada. The tour guide told us, "We believe that God made life and we don't take it away. We protect the unborn child." Amen!


For you created my inmost being;
    you knit me together in my mother’s womb

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;    
your works are wonderful,    I know that full well.

Psalm 139:13-14


May this country continue to stay strong in protecting unborn human life.

Marcie Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment