Sunday, January 22, 2012

David and Goliath

Hello!

It took me a long time to get my little monkey to bed tonight. He picked out three books (since he's three) and we read his current favourite Bible story, David and Goliath. We sang "Only a boy named David," "This Little Light of Mine" and "Jesus Loves Me" until my arm got too tired from doing the actions.

David did great things as a boy, with God's help. He killed a lion and bear and fought Goliath with a sling and stone when everyone else was too afraid. Later he grew up to be king and, while he wasn't perfect, he was called, "a man after God's own heart." My little boy is still learning. I hope that someday he will be like David--that he will trust God to do great things and that he will grow up to be "a man after God's own heart."

Whoever you are, I hope that you will also trust God like David and become a man or woman after God's heart.

Goodnight!

Marcie Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment