Sunday, April 15, 2012

Fruit of the Spirit: Patience

Hello!

At bedtime since Easter I have been reading Bible stories to my kids about what happened after Jesus' resurrection. He walked with two men on the road to Emmaus. He appeared to his disciples and then to Thomas. He helped them catch fish and served them breakfast early one morning. He left them with the Great Commission and then he went up in the clouds back to heaven. Two men in white told the disciples that He would return the way He had gone.

Here we are around 2000 years later and Jesus hasn't returned yet. Why? 2 Peter 3:9 tells us that it's because of His patience. He is "not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance."

As we wait for His return, we are also told to be patient. Not only patient in circumstances and in waiting for Him, but also to be patient with other people. That's the kind of patience listed in the Fruit of the Spirit. For me, for example, that means being patient with my husband and my kids and the children I work with in AWANA. It isn't always easy, especially when I'm tired, but it's possible with the help of the Holy Spirit. It's possible for you too.

I hope you have a great Sunday and that you show God's patience to those around you!

Sincerely,
Marcie Cooper

P.S. Here are links to other Fruit of the Spirit covered so far:
love
joy
peace



No comments:

Post a Comment